Teachers | School Residentials | Poole Dorset | UK | Rockley


Search Phone

Hello Teachers

For so many of your students, a residential trip is the highlight of their year which is why it is so important to get it right! At Rockley Adventure, our aim is to provide schools with all the information and guidance they need to make choosing and planning a trip as straightforward as possible.  

With over 43 years experience in the youth activity market, we understand what works and what doesn't when it comes to outdoor education, and we will be with you every step of the way, providing support, giving guidance and answering questions.

Everything you need to get a trip off the ground, administer or manage a booked trip can be found under the headings below or alternatively just give a member of our small, friendly Adventure Team in the office a call.


Teacher Documents & Advice

Here is a list of questions, together with our answers, that we get asked regularly by Teachers and Group Leaders:


Rockley Point Centre Map


Bombannes Centre Map


Bombannes Kit List


UK Trips Kit List


Buddens Activity Centre Map


France Entry Guidelines

Please click the link below for the latest entry requirements for France:



How to Make an Insurance Claim

In the unfortunate event that you need to make a claim on the insurance policy, the claim forms that you require can be found below.  

Please notify your child's Group Leader and Rockley Adventure that you will be making a claim (by email is simplest).  In order to submit a claim you will be required to provide the following information:

your child's school name
your child's school Rockley Adventure Booking Reference*
any Rockley Adventure cancellation invoices/Confirmations of Booking/Certificates of Insurance requested to be sent with any claim form, will be sent direct to Endsleigh on your behalf, as long as you have notified your Group Leader &/or Rockley Adventure of your intention to make a claim

* please contact your Group Leader or Rockley Adventure for this information.

If you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us on 01202 677272 (Mon-Fri 0900-1700) or [email protected]. Our insurers, Endsleigh, can also provide general assistance, they can be contacted on 01202 038 946 or their via their Claim Form.

Cancellation (insurance excess of £50)

If your son/daughter withdraws from the trip you MUST notify your child's Group Leader as soon as possible, as the date of cancellation of an individual is the date of receipt of written notification by the Group Leader to our office in Poole. If the reason for cancellation, eg necessary cancellation due to illness or injury, falls within the terms of the travel insurance policy you may be able to reclaim any cancellation charges by making a claim.

Cancellation Charges are payable as follows:

Time before trip start date Cancellation Charge
Upto 1st February in year of trip 1st deposit
From 1st February to within 2 months of trip start date 1st & 2nd deposit
Within 2 months of trip start date Full cost of trip

Medical Expenses (insurance excess of £50)

The page link below is a guide that provides all the necessary details about the UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) that it is the new Health Card for the UK.

Schengen VISA

If your child requires emergency medical treatment during the trip and costs are incurred which are not covered by their GHIC you may be able to claim for these under the travel insurance policy. You will be required to submit all receipts for prescriptions, medicines, hospital services etc.  Please bear in mind that invoices for hospital services can take many months to arrive, which can be long after your child's return to the UK! These should be paid and then an insurance claim made.

Loss, Damage or Theft (insurance excess of £50)

Please remind your child that all reasonable steps should be taken to safeguard personal property. The insurer will not provide cover for valuables left unattended on a beach for example. All losses or thefts MUST be reported with 24hrs of discovery to the Group Leader and to our centre manager who will contact the Police if necessary.  In the event of damage this must be reported to the centre manager who can complete an Insurance Report. Original copies of any Police or centre manager reports together with invoices or receipts will be required to substanstiate all claims.


French Centres: Recognitions & Accreditations


Guidance and Advice

Travel Documents

HM Passport Office - Collective Passports

EHIC Applications

Accessing Healthcare in France


The HSE’s ‘high level statement’, School Trips and Outdoor Learning Activities, is available at:


The HSE’s guidance, School Trips and outdoor activities – Tackling the health and safety myths is available at:


The DFE’s Health and Safety: Advice on Legal Duties and Powers,  is available at:


Health & Safety of Students on Educational Visits: A Good Practice Guide (HASPEV) (DfES) HASPEV can still be viewed on the National Archives website at:



Adventure Activities Licensing

Council for Learning Outside the Classroom

Outdoor Education

The Royal Yachting Association

Institute for Outdoor Learning

School Trips FAQs - HSE


We are dedicated to providing you and your group an action-packed adventure, request a quote today.

Enquire now

We're making waves!




View one of our online brochures:


CALL: +44 (0)1202 677272
EMAIL: [email protected]
VISIT: Rockley Point, Poole, BH15 4RW

Website by Fathom

Scroll button