How many times do you answer YES to the questions below?
- Do you want them to work collaboratively by building a raft, or taking part in an orienteering challenge or solving a set problem as a team?
- Do you want to give them the chance for leaders to emerge and others to experience being led? For them to have fun, experiencing new challenges and pushing their individual boundaries and be supported by their peers?
- Do you want them to learn to respect others, listen to instruction, hone a skill and work towards an inspiring goal?
- Do you want them to make a commitment and aspire to gain greater knowledge, for them to enhance and perhaps test their friendships, build a strong sense of community through an activity, a sport or a common goal?
If your answers are predominantly YES, then Rockley can help….
As with Girl Guides, Scouts, Brownies, Cubs and many other groups, Rockley have a similar set of values and beliefs. We enjoy and feel it is our duty to encourage, teach and support the young people that visit and work with us. We want to share our knowledge, expertise and our playground with you and in return, your group will experience the most awesome adventures!
New UK Centre for 2021
Although well-known for offering watersport adventures and residential trips, we wanted to let you know that we will soon be announcing the opening of a third UK centre situated in the Purbecks, offering a whole range of exciting, challenging and inspiring land-based activities as well as water-based activities offered in a wonderful outdoor setting.
Our range of land based activities consists of a combination of Archery, High Ropes, Climbing, Den Building, Kayaking, Raft Building, Orienteering, Team Games and Story Telling by Fire. And our wide range of water based activities consist of Sailing, Windsurfing, Stand Up Paddle boarding, Mega Sup, Canoeing and Kayaking so plenty to try.
Our new centre will offer residential and non-residential with the flexibility to deliver a variety of programmes perfect for you. More to be revealed soon…. but please do ask us for details if you can’t wait!
We can set out group sessions that are planned in conjunction with your requests to challenge, push boundaries, and learn skills, achieve goals to enable your young people to naturally discover more about themselves and gain a sense of achievement.
You can choose from a range of programme options, whether you just want to begin with......
dipping your toes in with….
- Short session of two hours to try an activity
- Half Day sessions – multi activity
or take the plunge by trying….
- A multi activity day (s)
- A block of 2 hour sessions - multi activity
or going for a full swim following a….
- Succession of dates for multi activity or work towards a NGB award
- Work on gaining a ‘badge’ (see below for ideas)
- Or Attend a residential for 2 – 5 nights fully immersing in a range of activities
Here to Help
From arrival to departure we can work together with your group to achieve shared goals that are discussed and planned with you prior to your visit…. whether the aim is 1) to experience a variety of new and challenging activities or 2) to focus on one activity over a number of sessions or 3) to gain a new qualification recognised by a national governing body or 4) to work towards completing a badge that your youngsters have aspirations to carry out.
These badges could consist of the following (but not limited) to Teamwork Challenge Award, Water Activities Activity Badge, Sailing Staged Activity Badge, Nights Away Staged Activity Badge, Water Activities Badge, Elements of Different Interest Badge, Duke of Edinburgh Awards and the Paddle Sports Badge
44 Years On And Still Loving It!
We absolutely love what we do and after 44 years, our love for teaching and offering ‘great experiences’ is still the very thing that drives us and that we are passionate about.
For further information, please contact the team on email@example.com or click below to browse our website: