There’s never just one way to do something and when it comes to choosing the next stage of your education, BTECs really are a viable option. Many students are now choosing this as an alternative to A-levels and for very good reason:
BTEC - The facts:
1. BTEC qualifications can boost your lifetime earnings by £92,000
2. More than 100,000 BTEC students apply to UK universities each year
3. Ninety-five per cent of universities and colleges in the UK accept BTEC students, including competitive universities from the Russell Group
4. In 2015, over a quarter of students accepted into higher education held at least one BTEC
5. BTEC students can often be better prepared in terms of the independent studying that’s required at degree level, due to the portfolio-based nature of BTEC courses. The time management and self-organisation you’ll pick up on a BTEC course can also give you an added edge
Rockley - a cut above!
There are hundreds of BTEC courses and one of the most popular is the BTEC Sport, so what makes Rockley’s course a cut above the rest?
2. The majority of BTEC courses do not offer practical qualifications. A course with us sees you coming out with industry recognised RYA qualifications such as the RYA Dinghy and Windsurf Instructor ticket
3. At Rockley we offer all our students work experience after their first year. Not only does this allow our students to apply what they have learnt in the classroom and on the water to real life working situations, but it also encourages students to make new friends, develops their confidence and encourages them to engage effectively with their peers and teachers
4. Our course is very much employer-led. For those who successfully complete their 2-year course, they are given the opportunity to work at one of our six centres across the UK and France – not many other courses can provide this.
5. The BTEC L3 Sport course is equivalent to 3 A-levels which allows you to keep your options open when considering life after the course. Many of our graduates have gone on to university while others have ventured in to the world of work
6. Sitting in a classroom for some really is a daunting prospect which is why A-levels really does not suit some individuals. Our course combines classroom work with practical land and water based learning – some youngsters learn much more effectively in this kind of learning environment
7. The course offers a fantastic learning environment. Classrooms on the beach, walking and cycling expeditions in the Purbecks, water activities in Europe’s most beautiful waters – Poole Harbour and work opportunities in lovely south west France
8. A passionate team. Rockley’s classroom and practical Education team really love what they do. They are an experienced bunch of lovely individuals who are creative, innovative and forward thinking and are determined to change lives through education.
9. It’s all a bit different. From fitness sessions on the beach to a year 1 ski trip, we aim to offer our students a well-rounded learning experience and develop skills that will allow them to excel as they continue their journey in to further education or work
Click here for further information about the course or book on to a FREE Open Event on Wednesday 8th May 2019 - 5:30pm - 7:30pm