Location of Job: France
Overall Responsibility: Support the Chef in the delivery of fresh, high quality meals to all our clients and staff team throughout their stay.
Reports to: Chef and Centre Manager
Description of Job - Key Responsibilities
Delivery of centre catering: As directed by the Chef, assist in the delivery of all meals as required to our clients and staff team. This will include preparation and production of meals and managing the catering function in the absence of the Chef.
Safety of clients and our team onsite: Deliver all kitchen and catering facilities in line with the standards required in the Company’s Standard and Local Operating Procedures. As directed by the Chef ensure that work undertaken follows our safety procedures and policies. Take part in training and induction to ensure safe working. Completion of all necessary administration and reporting. As directed by the Chef carry out catering equipment checks; ensure any faulty/damaged equipment is repaired or reported for repair.
Menus: Assist the Chef to create and prepare set menus which will suit both children and adults and consider special dietary requirements.
Budgets: Assist the Chef to deliver fresh, high quality meals within budget.
Requirements for this Job
- Current DBS certificate
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
- Background in catering such as chalet or hotel work
- Ability to follow menu plans and prepare meals in the absence of the head chef
- 18 years or over
- Able to cope with manual handling work
Good to have for this Job
- The ability to speak French would be an advantage but not a necessity
- A full UK driving licence
- RYA Safe & Fun (or alternative safeguarding certificate)