Rockley Lodge is a 60 bed residential facility based at Rockley Point Hamworthy and provides food and accommodation to our residential clients throughout the year. Working alongside Rockley Watersports, one of the leading providers of Watersports training and school activity trips in the UK, Rockley Lodge is open annually from February through to November, offering full board and accommodation for 10 to 25 year olds who are taking part in our courses.
As the Lodge Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth running of all aspects of the Accommodation Block leading to happy, safe clients who want to return year after year and providing professional leadership to our seasonal Residential Assistants.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Front of house - welcoming arriving clients, settling them into their accommodation and dealing with any problems that should arise.
- Liaise with the sailing school to ensure that we keep to the high standards of cleanliness and working practices for client accommodation, and associated areas in line with current H&S legislation as well as to provide excellent customer service to our Clients.
- Working with the Residential Assistants to make sure that the building and rooms are kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Daily Paperwork and administration – Lodge Daily Log, Kitchen Log, Lodge staff time sheets, Lodge staff holiday forms, Petty Cash.
- Work closely with the Residential Assistants to create staff rotas for Breakfast, Dinner and evening entertainment duties.
- Duty Manager Allocation (when we have residential guests there needs to be a duty manager holding the duty phone who is based onsite between 10pm and 8am.)
- Managing room allocation to all school and individual bookings – liaising with the chef regarding catering numbers and special requirements.
- Overseeing contracted cleaning / maintenance staff including Catering equipment - in the residential accommodation, making sure that they performing their duties.
- During quieter times the role will involve taking on many of the cleaning and maintenance roles yourself.
Candidates should be well presented and motivated with an outgoing personality.
Candidates should have some supervisory / management experience.
Catering / Kitchen experience is highly desired however not essential for the role.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be computer literate.
All applicants will be subject to 2 references.