Catering & Residential Supervisor – Rockley Lodge
Within this role you will be responsible for assisting with the smooth running of all aspects of the Residential Facility leading to happy, safe clients who want to return year after year.
Location: Poole, Dorset
Reports to: Operations Director
Start date: ASAP
Finish date: September
Salary: £17,000 to £20,000
Working Pattern: 40 hours / 5 days per week – (Wednesday to Sunday)
Shift work: Morning / Afternoon or Evening depending on time of year & client numbers
Rockley Lodge is a 60 bed residential facility based at Rockley Point, Hamworthy and provides food and accommodation to our residential clients throughout the year. Working alongside Rockley Watersports, one of the leading providers of Watersports training and school activity trips in the UK, Rockley Lodge is open annually from February through to November, offering full board and accommodation for 10 to 25 year olds who are taking part in our courses and school groups or school activity trips.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation and delivery of meals, to the Chefs guidelines. On a 5 day working pattern.
- Front of house - welcoming arriving clients, settling them into their accommodation and dealing with any problems that should arise.
- Working alongside the Residential Assistants to make sure that the building and rooms are kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- Duty Manager Allocation (when we have residential guests there needs to be a Duty Manager holding the duty phone who is based onsite between 10pm and 8am.)
- Managing room allocation to all school and individual bookings – liaising with the chef regarding catering numbers and special requirements.
- Overseeing cleaning / maintenance programme.
- During quieter times the role will involve taking on many of the cleaning and maintenance roles yourself.
- Previous Catering / Kitchen experience is required for the role. An ideal role for someone coming off the back of a winter season as a Chalet Host.
- Candidates should be well presented and motivated with an outgoing personality.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be computer literate.
- All applicants will be subject to 2 references + undertake a DBS check.
Food and Accommodation can also be provided.
If you would like further details and to apply, please contact Kat Sargent KatSargent@rockley.org
Join the team - Be part of it!