With the activity industry growing and growing it is no surprise that there is a shortage of qualified watersports instructors to meet demand. Rockley want to nurture and develop the next generation of Watersports Instructors whilst also giving young people access to achieving qualifications with one of the world’s leading providers of professional watersports training, whilst also reducing the costs that normally prevent many individuals from accessing such training.
Who’s it for?
Leap for Success is aimed at both rthe wider world of individuals who are looking at starting there career in the watersports industry and to returning staff want to up-skill and become qualified RYA Instructors with a passion who want to work with Rockley in the future.
The Leap for Success Scholarship
11 Weeks subsidised RYA training at Rockley Academy, Poole, Dorset
Start Date: 18th February 2019
Includes Full Board Accommodation
Guaranteed paid employment for summer 2019 (mid April – September) Subject to T & C’s
Includes travel to and from Rockley Academy to a centre in France at the beginning and end of your work period.
Who is Eligible?
- You must be aged 18 years or older and have a passion for the outdoors with the desire to become a fully qualified instructor and have the desire to want to pass on your knowledge to others.
- You must have the desire and commitment to work a full season with Rockley Watersports until September 2019 – with the aspiration to move on further in the watersports industry.
- Be available for the full duration of the Scholarship and period of employment, mid February- Septmeber 2019.
- Attend an interview and selection day at out Rockley Point Centre, Poole.
- Hold a valid UK Passport, National Insurance Number and UK Bank Account.
- A basic knowledge of sailing and windsurfing is desirable but not essential.
Week 1 Intro week - get out on the water!
Week 2 RYA Beginner Module
Week 3 RYA Intermediate Modules
Week 4 RYA Intermediate Modules
Week 5 RYA Advanced Modules
Week 6 Instructor Preparation Week including RYA Pre Entry Assessment
Week 7 RYA Dinghy Instructor
Week 8 RYA Start Windsurf & basic knowledge skills
Week 9 RYA Intermediate Windsurf skills and techniques
Week 10 RYA Intermediate Windsurf skills, techniques and clinics
Week 11 RYA Windsurf Instructor
Also included: RYA Powerboat Level 2 / RYA First Aid / RYA Essential Navigation/ RYA Safe and Fun Safeguarding certificates
How to Apply?
Complete this application form and return to Rockley >>>
- You may then be invited to a selection day at out Rockley Point Centre, Poole - if you cannot attend the selection day we may be able to organise and alternative interview date. The selection day will consist of an Introduction to Rockley as a company, a formal interview and team building exercises.
- If your selection is successful, we require non refundable deposit of £100.00 to confirm your commitment to the Scholarship immediately, with the full balance due by the 20th January 2019 – please note that if full payment is not received by the 20th January 2019 you will not be allowed onto the course and your deposit will not be refunded.
- For more inforamtion or to request an application click apply and submitt your intrest thourgh the online form along with a copy of your CV.