With the activity industry growing and growing it is no surprise that there is a shortage of qualified watersports instructors to meet demand. Rockley want to nurture and develop the next generation of Watersports Instructors whilst also giving young people access to achieving qualifications with one of the world’s leading providers of professional watersports training, whilst also reducing the costs that normally prevent many individuals from accessing such training.
Rockley is therefore offering you a fast track route into the watersports industry at a subsidise cost – with guaranteed employment for the full summer season 2016 in France as well as access to further qualifications and progression within the company.
WHO'S IT FOR?
The Scholarship is aimed at both our key returning staff and to the wider world of individuals who are looking at starting there career in the watersports industry and want to up-skill and become qualified RYA Instructors with a passion who want to work with Rockley in the future.
The Leap for Success Scholarship:
- 10 Weeks subsidised RYA training at Rockley Academy, Poole – Start Date: 15th February 2016
- Includes Full Board Accommodation
- Guaranteed paid employment for summer 2016 (mid April – October inc. de-montage) Subject to T & C’s
- Includes travel to and from Rockley Academy to a centre in France at the beginning and end of your work period
- Week 1 RYA Beginner Modules
- Week 2 RYA Intermediate Modules
- Week 3 RYA Day Skipper Theory
- Week 4 RYA Advanced Modules
- Week 5 Instructor Preparation Week including RYA Pre Entry Assessment
- Week 6 RYA Dinghy Instructor
- Week 7 RYA Start Windsurf & basic knowledge skills
- Week 8 RYA Intermediate Windsurf skills and techniques
- Week 9 RYA Intermediate Windsurf skills, techniques and clinics
- Week 10 RYA Windsurf Instructor
Also included: RYA Powerboat Level 2 (Coastal) / RYA First Aid / BSUP Level 1 Instructor/ RYA Safe and Fun Safeguarding certificates.
Who is Eligible?
- You must be aged 18 years or older and have a passion for the outdoors with the desire to become a fully qualified instructor and have the desire to want to pass on your knowledge to others.
- You must have the desire and commitment to work a full season with Rockley Watersports until October 2016 – with the aspiration to move on further in the watersports industry.
- Be available for the full duration of the Scholarship and period of employment, mid February-October 2016.
- Attend an interview and selection day at out Rockley Point Centre, Poole (during November 2015 dates TBC).
- Hold a valid UK Passport, National Insurance Number and UK Bank Account.
- A basic knowledge of sailing and windsurfing is desirable but not essential.
£1500.00 for 10 weeks
How to Apply?
1. Complete and return an application form to Rockley Team, with a short personal statement including why you think you should be considered for the Leap to Success Scholarship. The deadline for applications is the 31st October 2015.
2. You may then be invited to a selection day at out Rockley Point Centre, Poole – on one of the following dates 7th / 12th or 21St November - You must attend the selection day to be eligible for the Scholarship. The selection day will consist of an Introduction to Rockley as a company, a formal interview and team building exercises.
3. If your selection is successful, we require non refundable deposit of £100.00 to confirm your commitment to the Scholarship immediately, with the full balance due by the 20th January 2016 – please note that if full payment is not received by the 20th January 2016 you will not be allowed onto the course and your deposit will not be refunded.We will be holding a Scholarship day at the London Boatshow (08 -17th January 2016) when you can meet others joining the Scholarship and more of the Rockley Team. The date for this will be confirmed nearer the time.
Terms & Conditions of Leap to Success Scholarship
- Commitment to the 2016 summer season from the start of training through to October. If you take the Leap to Success Scholarship but decide to leave before the end of your contracted date you will be liable for the full cost of the Scholarship you have taken up to £4999.00. Your employment contract will include a Training Agreement signed by yourself and Rockley.
- Commitment to the training and the course – Rockley commit to give you the best possible training for you to achieve the relevant RYA Instructor qualifications, however you must commit 100% of your effort too.
- You will be a role model and ambassador for the Leap to Success Scholarship at all times. Your actions and behaviour will be constantly monitored. If your behaviour brings us cause for concern you may be asked to leave the Scholarship or workplace and you will be liable for the full cost of the Scholarship up to £4999.00.
- The Scholarship cannot be used in line with any other staff discount.