Category: Admin / Sales
Job Title: Schools Sales Advisor
Location: Poole, Dorset
Reports to: Schools and Groups Manager
Start Date: March 2015
Salary: £16 – 18k plus sales related bonus
Employment type: Permanent – 5 days a week / Monday – Friday (some weekend, morning and evening work and over night stays will be required)
Typical Working Hours – 08.30 – 17.00 or 9.00 – 17.30
This position is based at Rockley Watersports’ head office in Poole, Dorset. The successful applicant will be working in a small team to ensure that Rockley Watersports builds year on year. Your duties will incude;
- Reporting to the Schools and Groups Manager, the successful applicants duties will include but are not limited to;
- Provide a high level of customer service to all of Rockley Watersports clients.
- Maintain existing Schools and Groups accounts.
- Run from first contact with group leader through to the return of their trip.
- Generate quotes for new Schools and Groups business.
- Maintaining accurate records of each enquiry/booking using the computer based system.
- Account manage an area of the country and generate new leads.
- Make outbound phone calls to potential new Schools.
- Maintaining the Schools database so contacts are current.
- Arrange and deliver initial meetings.
- Deliver both trip launch presentations to pupils and trip parents evening presentations to parents and pupils around the UK.
- Weekly reports.
- Supplying customers with all the information they require regarding the prospective trip in a timely manner.
- Help teachers to overcome any prospective issues as they launch their trip to ensure the maximum numbers of trips go ahead.
Other duties may include, but not limited to;
- During the summer months, dealing with individual bookings as part of the bigger head office team.
- Take inbound phone calls for all aspects of the business, from individual clients to School trips.
- General administration tasks as and when required.
The successful candidate will be subject to a six-month probationary period. The candidate must be available to attend presentations and early morning & evening meetings throughout the week when applicable.
Candidates should be well presented and have a good understanding of Microsoft Office. Candidates will also be required to demonstrate good communication skills. Prior experience of working within the schools and groups activity market is desirable.
Applicants must hold a full clean UK manual driving licence and all applicants will be subject to 2 references and a DBS (CRB) check.
Applications should be submitted electronically with a CV and covering letter to:
or for more information please contact Jack on 01202 677272.
Please see www.rockley.org/schools for details on our Schools and Groups activity trips.
The closing date for applications for this position is Friday 6th February 2015.
Applications after this date will not be considered. Candidates must be available for interview on the 11th, 12th, 13th February 2015.