Group Leader Hub | Group Trips | Rockley | Rockley


Search Phone
Header Image

Ski Residential Trips to France for Schools & Groups

Hello Group Leaders! 

We know how important it is to make the process of booking a trip as easy as possible for you which is why we  provide you with all the information and support you need to get your trip off the ground!

With over 43 years experience in the youth activity market, we understand what works and what doesn't when it comes to outdoor education, and we will be with you every step of the way, providing support, giving guidance and answering questions.

Everything you need to get a trip off the ground, administer or manage a booked trip can be found under the headings below or alternatively just give a member of our small, friendly Adventure Team in the office a call.

Group Leader FAQs


France Entry Guidelines

Please click the link below for the latest entry requirements for France:


Guidance and Advice

Travel Documents

HM Passport Office - Collective Passports

EHIC Applications

Accessing Healthcare in France


The HSE’s ‘high level statement’, School Trips and Outdoor Learning Activities, is available at:

The HSE’s guidance, School Trips and outdoor activities – Tackling the health and safety myths is available at:

The DFE’s Health and Safety: Advice on Legal Duties and Powers,  is available at: 

Health & Safety of Students on Educational Visits: A Good Practice Guide (HASPEV) (DfES) HASPEV can still be viewed on the National Archives website at:


Adventure Activities Licensing

Council for Learning Outside the Classroom

Outdoor Education

The Royal Yachting Association

Institute for Outdoor Learning

School Trips FAQs - HSE


How to Make an Insurance Claim

In the unfortunate event that you need to make a claim on the insurance policy, the claim forms that you require can be found below. Most claims should be made by the child's parent/guardian - please direct them to the information provided in the Parents section of this website.

Please notify Rockley Adventure that they, or you, will be making a claim. In order to submit a claim the following information will be required:

school name
your 6-digit Rockley Adventure Booking Reference*
any Rockley Adventure Cancellation Invoices/Confirmations of Booking/Certificates of Insurance requested to be sent with any claim form, will be sent direct to Fogg on your behalf, as long as you have notified us of your or the child's parents' intention to make a claim

* found on all our Confirmations of Booking

If you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us on 01202 677272 (Mon-Fri 0900-1700) or [email protected]. Our insurers, Fogg, can also provide general assistance, they can be contacted on 01623 631331 or [email protected].

Cancellation (insurance excess of £40)

If one of your pupils withdraws from the trip you MUST notify us as soon as possible. The date of cancellation of an individual is the date of receipt of written notification by you, the Group Leader, to our office in Poole. If the reason for cancellation eg necessary cancellation due to illness or injury, falls within the terms of the travel insurance policy the pupil's parents/guardian may be able to reclaim the cancellation charges by making a claim.

Cancellation Charges are payable as follows:

Time before trip start date Cancellation Charge
Upto 1st February in year of trip, 1st deposit
From 1st February to within 2 months of trip start date, 1st & 2nd deposit
Within 2 months of trip start date, FULL cost of trip

Medical Expenses (insurance excess of £40)

The page link below is a guide that provides all the necessary details about the European Health Insurance Card, who needs and how to apply for one, validity, and more. Besides EHIC, you can also find information about GHIC that it is the new Health Card for the UK after Brexit.

If one of your pupils requires emergency medical treatment during the trip and costs are incurred which are not covered by their EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) you may be able to claim for these under the travel insurance policy. This is also why we recommend that Group Leaders have a contingency fund. As any claim will be required to submit all receipts for prescriptions, medicines, hospital services etc make sure you retain any receipts or invoices. Please bear in mind that invoices for hospital services can take many months to arrive, which can be long after your group's return to the UK!  These should be paid by the pupil's parent/guardian and then an insurance claim made also, usually, by the pupil's parents/guardian.

Loss, Damage or Theft (insurance excess of £40)

Please remind your group that all reasonable steps should be taken to safeguard personal property. The insurer will not provide cover for valuables left unattended on a beach for example. All losses or thefts MUST be reported with 24hrs of discovery to our centre manager who will contact the Police if necessary.  In the event of damage this must be reported to the centre manager who can complete an Insurance Report. Original copies of any Police or centre manager reports together with invoices or receipts will be required to substanstiate all claims.


We are dedicated to providing you and your group an action-packed adventure, request a quote today.

Enquire now

We're making waves!




View one of our online brochures:


CALL: +44 (0)1202 677272
EMAIL: [email protected]
VISIT: Rockley Point, Poole, BH15 4RW

Website by Fathom

Scroll button