NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Sport (Outdoors)
This brand new course combines theory units, practical activities and employer valued professional National Governing Body (NGB) qualifications. This unique course has been designed to enable candidates to start their career in the outdoors and leisure industry.
The course will take place at our Poole location at our Rockley Point centre. Check out the location in our video below.
As well as three mandatory units; Participating in Sport, Outdoor and Adventurous Activities and Leading an Outdoor Activity Session, there will be four further units to choose from.
- Participating in sport
- Outdoor and adventurous activities
- Leading an outdoor activity session
4 Units from the following selection:
- Expedition experience
- Promote outdoor activities
- Planning and running a sports event
- Understanding business in sport
- Sports volunteering
- Work experience in the sports industry
- Plan, deliver and evaluate an activity session
Watersports Development Programme
- To develop your practical skills students will take part in a development programme to cover Sailing, Windsurfing, Powerboat and Paddlesports and introduce you to all of the sports.
- You will have the opportunity to complete RYA training and gain certificates along the way and if you meet the correct standards, you will also have the opportunity to attend RYA Windsurfing / Dinghy Instructor courses.
English and Maths
Where required, you will also study Maths and English GCSE or Functional Skills.
To fully develop your work skills, a work experience placement will be part of the course giving students the opportunity to work alongside our Rockley instructors.
- Four GCSEs at grade 3 and above.
- An interest and/or experience of watersports and Outdoor Adventure
- 16 years of age by 31st August and ready to start in September!
- 23rd November
- 25th January
- 28th March
- 6th May
- 24th June
Book an Open Event
"By choosing Rockley as part of the next stage in your education, you are given access to the UK’s leading coaches in the outdoor industry. It’s a unique opportunity to develop practical and classroom skills."
PLEASE CALL 01202 677272 TO BOOK THIS COURSE