Recruitment for 2018 - NOW OPEN
Take the plunge into the world of watersports! Leap for Success is aimed at individuals looking for their first steps into the industry or those looking to up-skill and become qualified RYA instructors.
With the activity industry growing and growing it is no surprise that there is a shortage of qualified watersports instructors to meet demand. Rockley wants to nurture and develop the next generation of Watersports Instructors whilst also giving young people access to achieving qualifications with one of the world’s leading providers of professional watersports training, whilst also reducing the costs that normally prevent many individuals from accessing such training.
Rockley is therefore offering you a fast track route into the watersports industry at a subsidised cost – with guaranteed employment for the full 2018 summer season, as well as access to further qualifications and progression within the company.
The Scholarship is aimed at both our key returning staff and to the wider world of individuals who are looking at starting their career in the watersports industry and want to up-skill and become qualified RYA Instructors with a passion and who want to work with Rockley in the future.
The Leap for Success Scholarship:
1) 11 Weeks subsidised RYA training at Rockley Academy, Poole – Start Date: 12th February 2018
2) Includes Full Board Accommodation
3) Guaranteed paid employment for summer 2018 in France or the UK (mid April – October inc. de-montage) Subject to T & C’s
4) Includes travel to and from Rockley Academy to a centre in France at the beginning and end of your work period
Week 1 Introduction to the course and your Instructors
Week 2 RYA Beginner Modules
Week 3 RYA Intermediate Modules
Week 4 RYA Day Skipper Theory
Week 5 RYA Advanced Modules
Week 6 Instructor Preparation Week including RYA Pre Entry Assessment
Week 7 RYA Dinghy Instructor
Week 8 RYA Start Windsurf & basic knowledge skills
Week 9 RYA Intermediate Windsurf skills and techniques
Week 10 RYA Intermediate Windsurf skills, techniques and clinics
Week 11 RYA Start Windsurf Instructor
Also included: RYA Powerboat Level 2 (Coastal) / RYA First Aid / RYA Safe and Fun Safeguarding certificates.
1) You must be aged 18 years or older and have a passion for the outdoors with the desire to become a fully qualified instructor and have the desire to want to pass on your knowledge to others
2) You must have the desire and commitment to work a full season with Rockley Watersports until October 2018 – with the aspiration to move on further in the watersports industry
3) Be available for the full duration of the Scholarship and period of employment, mid February - October 2018
4) Hold a valid UK Passport, National Insurance Number and UK Bank Account
5) A basic knowledge of sailing and windsurfing is desirable but not essential
£1250.00 for 11 weeks
1) Complete and return an online application form along with a short personal statement including why you think you should be considered for the Leap to Success Scholarship.
2) You may then be invited to a selection day on the 2nd or 11th November at Rockley Point in Poole or come and chat to us at the Southampton Boatshow between the 15th and 24th September. You must attend the selection day to be eligible for the Scholarship. The selection day will consist of an Introduction to Rockley as a company, a formal interview and team building exercises/on water activity.
3) If your selection is successful, we require a non refundable deposit of £100.00 to confirm your commitment to the Scholarship immediately, with the full balance due by the 20th January 2018 – please note that if full payment is not received by the 20th January 2018 you will not be allowed onto the course and your deposit will not be refunded.
Apply now - Recruitment for 2017 is now closed, applications for 2018 will open in October.
1) Commitment to the 2018 summer season from the start of training through to October. If you take the Leap to Success Scholarship but decide to leave before the end of your contracted date you will be liable for the full cost of the Scholarship you have taken up to £4999.00. Your employment contract will include a Training Agreement signed by yourself and Rockley.
2) Commitment to the training and the course – Rockley commit to give you the best possible training for you to achieve the relevant RYA Instructor qualifications, however you must commit 100% of your effort too.
3) You will be a role model and ambassador for the Leap to Success Scholarship at all times. Your actions and behaviour will be constantly monitored. If your behaviour brings us cause for concern you may be asked to leave the Scholarship or workplace and you will be liable for the full cost of the Scholarship up to £4999.00.
4) The Scholarship cannot be used in line with any other staff discount.