Take the plunge into the world of watersports! Leap for Success is aimed at individuals looking for their first steps into the industry or those looking to up-skill and become qualified RYA instructors.
With the activity industry growing and growing it is no surprise that there is a shortage of qualified watersports instructors to meet demand. Rockley wants to nurture and develop the next generation of Watersports Instructors whilst also giving young people access to achieving qualifications with one of the world’s leading providers of professional watersports training, whilst also reducing the costs that normally prevent many individuals from accessing such training.
Rockley is therefore offering you a fast track route into the watersports industry at a subsidised cost – with guaranteed employment for the full 2020 summer season, as well as access to further qualifications and progression within the company.
The Development Programme is aimed at both our key returning staff and to the wider world of individuals who are looking at starting their career in the watersports industry and want to up-skill and become qualified RYA Instructors. All we need from you is your passion for watersports and to learn and a desire to work with Rockley in the future.
Start Date - February 2020:
1) Includes Full Board Accommodation
2) Guaranteed paid employment for summer 2020 in France or the UK (mid April – October inc. de-montage) Subject to T & C’s
3) Includes travel to and from Rockley to a centre in France at the beginning and end of your work period
NEW FOR 2020 - Rockley will be introducing recognised Paddlesport Instructor qualifications. During the course you will work towards the following qualifications:
RYA Dinghy Instructor
RYA Windsurf Instructor
RYA Powerboat Level 2
RYA Essential Navigation
RYA Safe and Fun Safeguarding Course
RYA First Aid
RYA Pre-entry Assessment
Continued mentoring and professional development throughout the season
Over the 12 weeks you will develop your skills in sailing, windsurfing and paddlesports, such as kayaking and stand up paddleboarding, aiming towards RYA Dinghy Instructor in week 8 and RYA Windsurf Instructor in Week 12 along with paddlesports Instructor during the 12 weeks.
1) You must be aged 18 years or older and have a passion for the outdoors with the desire to become a fully qualified instructor and have the desire to want to pass on your knowledge to others
2) You must have the desire and commitment to work a full season with Rockley Watersports until October 2020 – with the aspiration to move on further in the watersports industry
3) Be available for the full duration of the Scholarship and period of employment, mid February - September 2020
4) Hold a valid UK Passport, National Insurance Number and UK Bank Account
5) A basic knowledge of sailing and windsurfing is desirable but not essential
1) Complete an online application form
2) You may then be invited to an interview at Rockley Point in Poole. You must attend the interview to be eligible for the course. The selection day will consist of an Introduction to Rockley as a company, a formal interview and team building exercises/on water activity.
3) If your selection is successful, we require a non refundable deposit of £100.00 to confirm your commitment to the Leap for Success course immediately, with the full balance due by the 20th January 2020 – please note that if full payment is not received by the 20th January 2020 you will not be allowed onto the course and your deposit will not be refunded.
Applications for 2020 are now OPEN
1) Commitment to the 2020 summer season from the start of training through to October. If you take the Leap to Success Training Programme but decide to leave before the end of your contracted date you will be liable for the full cost of the course you have taken, up to £5495.00. Your employment contract will include a Training Agreement signed by yourself and Rockley.
2) Commitment to the training and the course – Rockley commit to give you the best possible training for you to achieve the relevant RYA Instructor qualifications, however you must commit 100% of your effort too.
3) You will be a role model and ambassador for the Leap to Success Course at all times. Your actions and behaviour will be constantly monitored. If your behaviour brings us cause for concern you may be asked to leave the Scholarship or workplace and you will be liable for the full cost of the Scholarship up to £5495.00.
4) The course cannot be used in line with any other staff discount.
PLEASE CALL 01202 677272 TO BOOK THIS COURSE